db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.2.0.1 snapshot posted
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 22:55:29 GMT
Hi Rick,

In the JDO project, I define a dependency  on Derby via maven pom:

         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.derby</groupId>
             <artifactId>derby</artifactId>
             <version>10.1.1.0</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.derby</groupId>
             <artifactId>derbytools</artifactId>
             <version>10.1.1.0</version>
         </dependency>

In order for me to test your snapshots, there's a lot of manual stuff
to do, downloading the jar, unzipping into a directory, copying the
jar files into my local maven repository; and then I get run my
scripts to actually test the bits.

Would it be possible for you to post the snapshot bits to a maven
repo so I can just point maven at it and automatically get the latest
snapshot for testing? We have done this for JDO jars and it works
great. We put the JDO release artifacts into e.g. people.apache.org/
~clr/dist/java-repository/org.apache.jdo/jars/jdo2-api-SNAPSHOT.jar
and point maven.remote.repo at people.apache.org/~clr/dist/java-
repository.

With the Derby jar files posted in this way, we could contribute more
easily to the testing effort.

Thanks,

Craig

On May 26, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Hello users and developers,
>
> We have posted a new snapshot of the mainline, which we expect will
> evolve into the 10.2 release this fall. You may find the snapshot
> at http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Snapshot+Jars.
> We would be grateful if you would test-drive this snapshot and post
> your feedback to the community.
>
> Since the last snapshot (early March), a great deal of work has
> committed, including planned improvments to Scrollable Updatable
> ResultSets, JDBC4. and the internationalization of the network
> client. Many bug fixes have committed also. For more information on
> the snapshot's contents, please see http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/
> TenTwoSnapshot.
>
> We also want your feedback on work which appeared in the previous
> snapshot, including online backup, unary +/- on parameters, query
> timeout, more configurable identity columns, more builtin
> functions, and better network security.
>
> Thanks!
> -Rick

Craig Russell