db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.2.0.1 snapshot posted
Date Sat, 27 May 2006 03:38:34 GMT

> Does this mean that the official release might actually be something
> like 10.2.0.8, considering the number of cycles that we might go
> through over the next several months?

>From http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/versionupgrade.html:

"Fixpack (f) of 0 (zero) is a special value that indicates alpha
quality software and causes version string to be appended with the
word 'alpha'.

Additionally a boolean beta flag exists, which when true causes the
version string to be appended with the word 'beta' to indicate beta
quality software."

So, the first real release candidate would have both the third digit
bumped to 1, the fourth digit zeroed out, and the beta flag set to
false. So the first release off of 10.2 will be (at least) 10.2.1.0.
If there's a formal beta period and Rick decides to make the beta
10.2.1.0, then the first real release candidate might be 10.2.1.1.
That's up to him. :-)

andrew