db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In-memory store implementation available for contribution (was: Re: derby-user Digest 20 May 2006 17:44:25 -0000 Issue 322)
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 23:37:42 GMT
On 5/22/06, David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Great!  I'm not sure what you mean by "a copy of the jar file" but we'd
> of course like to see the source, not just the binaries.
>
> The student must explicitly indicate that he is handing over the code to
> the ASF. The normal way this is done is to create a JIRA item (our bug
> tracking system) and then put the changes he's made as an attachment to
> this JIRA item, indicating he is granting the code to the ASF.  I'd be
> happy to help guide the student through this process.  Better yet, we
> should have one of our store experts work with the student to look at
> getting his code in.  Any volunteers?

I believe we already have the source:

Attached as 'svn.diff'.

There were some problems as far as getting this committed, though. Dan
thought this crossed the threshold of requiring the contributor to
submit a CLA (although the author did choose the 'grant license to
ASF'  option in JIRA), and there were other issues: lack of comments
and lack of tests.

I suspect the original author may not be interested or have time to
finish the patch beyond what's already been contributed. Some other
motivated person could pick up this contribution and take it the rest
of the way, though.

andrew