db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.2.0.1 snapshot posted
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 22:27:52 GMT
Hi Rick,

One question: Why is the snapshot called 10.2.0.1 and not just 10.2?
It sounds from the name like this is the first patch after the
release of 10.2. I must be missing something.

I was expecting the file to be called db-derby-
snapshot-10.2-409481.zip not db-derby-snapshot-10.2.0.1-409481.zip.

I also see on the snapshots page that:

Latest Official Release
10.1.2.1 (Nov 18, 2005 / SVN 330608)

but later on in the same page it appears that 10.1.2.2 and 10.1.2.3
were released already.

Thanks,

Craig

On May 26, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Hello users and developers,
>
> We have posted a new snapshot of the mainline, which we expect will
> evolve into the 10.2 release this fall. You may find the snapshot
> at http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Snapshot+Jars.
> We would be grateful if you would test-drive this snapshot and post
> your feedback to the community.
>
> Since the last snapshot (early March), a great deal of work has
> committed, including planned improvments to Scrollable Updatable
> ResultSets, JDBC4. and the internationalization of the network
> client. Many bug fixes have committed also. For more information on
> the snapshot's contents, please see http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/
> TenTwoSnapshot.
>
> We also want your feedback on work which appeared in the previous
> snapshot, including online backup, unary +/- on parameters, query
> timeout, more configurable identity columns, more builtin
> functions, and better network security.
>
> Thanks!
> -Rick

Craig Russell