db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.2.0.1 snapshot posted
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 23:40:41 GMT
Hi Craig,

My snapshot instructions directed me to bump the last digit of the
release identifier to distinguish this increment from the previous
snapshot. That earlier snapshot was called 10.2.0.0. The zip names were
invented by the "snapshot" target of our release scripts and mimic the
same conventions as the March snapshot.

I believe that 10.1.2.1 is the latest official release and the next
official release will be 10.1.3.x. At least the date on 10.1.2.1 looks
right to me: the community hasn't vetted a release since last fall. I
too am puzzled by 10.1.2.2 and 10.1.2.3. Perhaps these are patch
distributions, cut off the living, growing end of the 10.1 branch and
given to targetted customers. Can anyone else shed light on this?

Regards,
-Rick