db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 10.2.0.1 snapshot posted
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 23:01:47 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

> I also see on the snapshots page that:
>
> Latest Official Release
> 10.1.2.1 (Nov 18, 2005 / SVN 330608)
>
> but later on in the same page it appears that 10.1.2.2 and 10.1.2.3
> were released already.

No, the latest official release is 10.1.2.1.

The version number has been bumped on the 10.1 branch but there has not
be any official release since 10.1.2.1, ie. one voted on by the
community. I think the practice has been to bump the last digit when a
snapshot is posted, remember a snapshot is just a "snapshot" of the
current code line posted by a committer.

The current policy is to bump the third digit for an official release
from a branch, so the next official release for 10.1 will be 10.1.3.x.

See http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenOneThreeRelease

Dan.