db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject 10.2.0.1 snapshot posted
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 21:50:31 GMT
Hello users and developers,

We have posted a new snapshot of the mainline, which we expect will
evolve into the 10.2 release this fall. You may find the snapshot at
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Snapshot+Jars. We would
be grateful if you would test-drive this snapshot and post your feedback
to the community.

Since the last snapshot (early March), a great deal of work has
committed, including planned improvments to Scrollable Updatable
ResultSets, JDBC4. and the internationalization of the network client.
Many bug fixes have committed also. For more information on the
snapshot's contents, please see
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoSnapshot.

We also want your feedback on work which appeared in the previous
snapshot, including online backup, unary +/- on parameters, query
timeout, more configurable identity columns, more builtin functions, and
better network security.

Thanks!
-Rick