db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Updating Embedded Derby Db
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 14:51:41 GMT
Carol Gloyd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to Derby and am wondering if there is a way to update an
> embedded database programatically? By update, I mean adding new tables and
> adding columns to one or two of the existing tables.

<snip>

The Derby distribution has examples that might help you. Here's a good
starting point in the binary distribution:

db-derby-10.1.2.1-bin/demo/simple/SimpleApp.java

It shows how to programmatically create, insert into, and drop tables.

I hope this helps -- and, if it doesn't,  feel free to post more questions.

regards,

 -jean