db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MEMORY] Derby full fill my the JVM memory
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 17:34:14 GMT
yves pielusenet wrote:

>Hello,
>I have this error : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>So I used a profiler to see what was wrong. I have very lots of object
>of that classes :
>org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoreRecordHeader
>org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RecordId
>(I can't find those classes into derby javadoc :c( )

====  SNIP ===

Yes, record headers are objects created when a page is brought into the
cache.  The maxHeap to pageCache ratio I talked about in my previous
message accounts for these and the many other objects created to support
the activities of the Derby database engine.

Please see the information in my response to your previous post (Iterate
over big table...) and if you are still having problems after increasing
the ratio of the JVM-maximum-Heap to Derby-pageCache please post the
ratio you are using and the settings for maxHeap and pageCache.

In case you missed the reply the archive of message can be viewed at:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=4476273

HTH