db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: db2jcc.jar
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 15:48:32 GMT
Maryam Moazeni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the Geronimo's built-in Derby. I installed Geronimo and
> put db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_c.jar in my application CLASSPATH.
>
> but I still get NoClassDefFoundError for com.ibm.db2.* and
> sqlj.runtime.ref.*
> Then I extracted the db2jcc.jar and and put the com.ibm.db2.jcc.* in
> my current directory.
> therefore, my problem with com.ibm.db2.* was solved, but I still have
> problems with sqlj.runtime.ref.* .
>
> I don't know if I'm on the wrong track, I would appreciate if some one
> could help me figure out the problem.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --Maryam

Are you using the db2jcc.jar just to get client access to a Derby
Network Server ?
Because Geronimo does comes with the Derby Network client driver (along
with the other Derby jars) and is typically under the
<GERONIMO_HOME>\repository\org.apache.derby\jars.  If you use this,
there is no need to add/change to the CLASSPATH as
Geronimo  has access to these jars by default.

I would either create a Connection Pool  and then use the normal jndi
lookup on that or simply load the driver using
the JDBC way to get access from the respective apps.

Regards,
Rajesh