db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: locktable with null XID
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 20:39:31 GMT
nexus wrote:

>Xavier Vigouroux <Xavier-Francois.Vigouroux@...> writes:
>

>>hi,
>>
>>I have some problems with the lock tables. here are my questions?
>>
>>o In which conditions locktable() contains entries with NULL XIds?
>>o How can we get rid of them as the lock may not be relevant?
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>I have the same problem here. It seems that the problem arises only if
>the "derby.locks.escalationThreshold" is too small?
>
>Is there a way to release such a lock? At the moment I handle the
>problem by shutting down cloudscape-server and restarting it again
>(very ugly).
>
>The Cloudscape-API tells that XID is never allowed to be "NULL". Thus
>I assume that is a bug? I am using Cloudscape_10.0.
>
>Help is appreciated!
>
>greetings
>
>nexus.

Hi Nexus -

I can't think what might cause this off the top of my head but if you
would post the lock information list and any errors you are getting I
would be happy to look into it.  If you can make this happen at will
would you please post the escalationThreshold you are using and , if
possible, the code running that creates the problem?

Thanks