db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Review of Final Chapters (5 and 6)
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 00:09:58 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

> Hi Stan,
>
> When you get around to discussing architecture issues, you might make
> sure you get feedback from the derby experts. My understanding is
> that you can use the embedded Derby with both same-vm clients and
> outside-vm clients by starting the network server when you start the
> embedded database.
>
> Craig
>
> On May 3, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Stanley Bradbury wrote:

  === SNIP ==

Hi Craig -
Thanks for your response.  I have taken this as an opportunity to start
an new thread to discuss the architectures since this does not seem to
directly relate the witting of the WWD document ( please let me know if
I am incorrect on this point).  You can see the kick-off for the
discussion in the thread with subject:

Request for comments on deciding between implementing embedded or
client-server - (was: [WWD] Review of Final Chapters (5 and 6))]

As I indicate there I have sent an invitation to Derby-dev to join in on
this implementation discussion.