db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Spawning Data on Multiple Directories
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 18:19:52 GMT
The data of a single database can only be in a single directory in
the current derby implementation, spreading that data across multiple
devices is left to the OS.  The log can be placed on
a separate disk.

Depending on the OS involved one may be able to make those 3 disks
look like one logical disk and thus be able to place one derby db
on those 3 disk disks.  This is usually easier done when setting up
a machine rather than after the fact looking at an existing machine.