db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bonnie Wang <bwan...@ec.auckland.ac.nz>
Subject About Reading Derby Log (urgent)
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 07:54:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to develop an application that make uses of Derby's transaction log.
It seems there's no public API for external access of the log.

I have been looking through the source code for days trying to figure out how to
make sense of the log files, but, as it turned out, I always get stuck when it
comes to a class called LogToFile. This class seems to be the core part of
Derby's logging system, but I couldn't find ways to instantiate it from a given
file system path just like other files, which should make sense.

Could someone give me some help? Thanks a lot!!