On 4/5/06, Linares, Eduardo <EDUARDO.LINARES@ngc.com> wrote:
Hello,
I just installed Derby and set my CLASSPATH and PATH variables and when trying to run sysinfo or ij I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: no manifiest section for
 signature file entry org/bouncycastle/ocsp/OCSPException.class

Could someone please give me some feedback on how to fix this? Thanks!

Hi Eduardo,

BouncyCastle is a encryption provider, so the error seems to indicate you're trying to start the database with encryption (dataEncryption=true?) and probably specifying the encryptionProvider. Is that so?

If so, do you have the provider's jar or zip file in your CLASSPATH?

Myrna