db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Scott" <deni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Future of Derby (was Re: Can derby instances be clustered ?)
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:05:50 GMT
On 4/27/06, derby@segel.com <derby@segel.com> wrote:

> If anyone *were* to propose introducing such high-end features, the
> community would, I would hope, look long and hard at how its built to
> try to ensure that the impact on the "core" is minimal.
> David
It would realistically mean a hard core review and probably a major rewrite
of a lot of the engine. Call it Derby 2.0. The nice thing though is that
with a little bit of effort, you could probably reuse a lot of the existing
components of derby. (And actually a good excuse to go module by
module and fix a lot of the "issues" documented in jira.)

Given that the current major version of Derby is 10.x, I would humbly
propose the next major version be Derby 20.x; no sense in going back
to Derby 2.0 :)

View raw message