db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run Procedure Switch from sqlserver to apache derby !!
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:17:55 GMT
On 4/12/06, Dheeraj Dhiman <dheeraj.dhiman@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello !!
> I want to switch from sql server to  apache Derby for my project .
> I wanna run a procedure like this in apache derby .
>
> create procedure testProcedure( @personid Integer )
> as
> select fullName , fatherName, age, income, grosssalary from persons where
> personid = @personid ;
>
> But it is not working .
> How could i write this procedure in apache derby !!
>
> Thanks & Regards !!
> Dheeraj  Dhiman !!

Hi !! Dheeraj !! Dhiman !!

Derby does not currently support sql procedures or functions.

You can write a java function to do what you want, see for instance our
manuals, (see the Documentation tab off the main Derby page.), the
Frequently Asked Questions (
For instance: http://db.apache.org/derby/faq.html#null_args
which points to:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200602.mbox/%3c4404E53D.1050605@apache.org%3e
)

Finally, you can search through the derby archives, for instance using
nabble, for examples of issues others have brought up in this area.

Finally, please stop logging jira issues for questions, and please, please
stop the annoying exclamation marks.

Seeing you log a JIRA issue, and seeig those exclamation marks certainly
made me less interested to answer your question, rather than more, so you're
achieving the opposite from what I assume you want to.

Myrna