db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Bowman" <petergbow...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Trigger Problem
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:05:42 GMT
Hi All,

First of all, thanks for your responses. Here is the stack trace, I think
its what you requested.

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -8
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.CreateTriggerNode.bindReferencesClause(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.CreateTriggerNode.bind(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepMinion(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepare(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.prepareInternalStatement(Unknown

Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.dbuddies.nutritab.OpeningFrame.<init>(OpeningFrame.java:330)
        at com.dbuddies.nutritab.OpeningFrame$18.run(OpeningFrame.java:2370)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:234)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

if you need other info just ask. I may not be able to get it though cause
I'm just a hobbyist and am  not that sure of what I'm doing.

Peter.