db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Zenzin <ozen...@lohika.com>
Subject insert BLOB with Derby tools
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:14:20 GMT
hello derby

the pb is I cannot find any tool in Derby which allow me to insert
BLOB data without developing/runnig Java code. I need to execute some
SQL script that will insert data, let's say from file, into a field of
BLOB type. There are tools in DB2, MS_SQL or Oracle which usually use
some built-in functions or tools and help to execute SQL insert with
BLOB, but no such thing in Derby.

I need to execute sql like

INSERT INTO items (uri, content_type, data) values
('unique_url_used_as_key', 'application/xml', BLOB);

Is there anything providing this funcionality (except OJB)?

Thank you,

View raw message