db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NetworkServerControl.start() and derby.properties
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:06:23 GMT
On 4/25/06, Vic Ricker <vic@ricker.us> wrote:

> It doesn't appear that the derby.properties file is being read.  For
> example, I set derby.drda.port=7777 but it still binds 1527 when the app
> runs.  I tried System.setProperty("derby.drda.port", "7777"); but that
> doesn't appear to work either.  I realize that I can pass in the host
> and port number to the constructor but I'd rather be able to use the
> derby.properties file so that other properties can be configured.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The name of property for port number is "derby.drda.portNumber". If
this is'nt just a typo in the mail, it could be the reason why the
property is not getting used. You may refer to Derby Server and Admin
guide for more details on use of properties:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/adminguide/derbyadmin.pdf

Other thing you may want to check is if derby.properties file is in
the right location. If you have set derby.system.home property, then
the derby.properties file must be in directory specified by this
property. If it is not set, Derby uses derby.properties file in the
current user directory.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Deepa