db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Vic Ricker <...@ricker.us>
Subject NetworkServerControl.start() and derby.properties
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:09:40 GMT
I hope this isn't too stupid of a question but I have searched and not
found anything helpful.
I am trying to embed the derby engine in an application and start the
network server with:

private NetworkServerControl serverControl;
serverControl = new NetworkServerControl();
serverControl.start(new PrintWriter(System.out));

It doesn't appear that the derby.properties file is being read.  For
example, I set derby.drda.port=7777 but it still binds 1527 when the app
runs.  I tried System.setProperty("derby.drda.port", "7777"); but that
doesn't appear to work either.  I realize that I can pass in the host
and port number to the constructor but I'd rather be able to use the
derby.properties file so that other properties can be configured.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Vic Ricker
http://www.ricker.us/