db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ERROR 25502: An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection, user or database.
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:29:48 GMT
Thomas J. Taylor wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I have a Derby database that is giving me a read-only error (25502), and I
> don't know why. The database was working fine, up until about a month ago.
> Now, I cannot INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE from the database - I always get
> ERROR 25502. I checked Windows Security permissions (user has Full Control:
> READ/MODIFY/WRITE/etc.), File attributes (all files in the database
> directory are writable); finally, I deleted the 'db.lck' file that is in the
> database directory.

Derby may set a database to be read-only if something goes wrong during
the booting of the database (e.g., not able to create db.lck file).  Is
there any message written to derby.log during the booting of the system?
  It might be that you will get more information in derby.log if you run
with on a recent build instead of a released version.  (I guess it would
be a good idea to try this on a copy of your database).  I added more
output to derby.log for this case in DERBY-555.

--
Øystein