db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Invitation to Participate in Summer of Code 2006]
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:56:31 GMT
So, we had a chat about this on IRC, and the general feeling with Andrew
and Jean is that we should be under the umbrella of ASF an not our own
separate project.

It sounds like last year ASF arranged it with all the projects within
ASF and there was a collaborative set of projects.  I understand this
makes sense, but I feel kind of bummed, now we have to compete for
attention from all the other ASF projects, it was kind of nice being top
level.  But I totally it would look bad and unfair for us to be at the
top and nobody else from ASF.  So I'll work on this.

Jean, Andrew, anything else you want to add?

David