db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Run Procedure Switch from sqlserver to apache derby !!
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:29:25 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> On 4/12/06, Dheeraj Dhiman <dheeraj.dhiman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello !!

> Finally, please stop logging jira issues for questions, and please, please
> stop the annoying exclamation marks.
>
> Seeing you log a JIRA issue, and seeig those exclamation marks certainly
> made me less interested to answer your question, rather than more, so you're
> achieving the opposite from what I assume you want to.

There are some great guidelines for using the apache mailing lists at:

http://www.apache.org/dev/contrib-email-tips.html
(also linked from http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_mail.html)

I especially like the one linked from contrib-email-tips.html

"How To Ask Questions The Smart Way"
(note this is a general set of guidelines and not specific to Derby.
Please don't send derby questions to the authors, send them to the
derby-user@db.apache.org list)

Thanks,
Dan.