db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject how to apply transactional insert is a scenario that 3 tables are going to change?
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:59:48 GMT

Hi thank you for reading my post
How i can apply transaction in a scenario like this :

In one of my web applicatinon page , i have 3 functions that each of
them update/insert data to a table
I use connection pool to retrieve a connection in each of those
functions (i can use one connection for all of functions but i do not
know whether it is  good or not).
Now the changes to database just should be applied if all of those
functions insert data sucessfully.
my problem is that i do not know how i can use transaction in this case.

I need just the transaction over these inserts , which kind of commit
mode i should use?