db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject How to find master record primary key to use it in inserting details records
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:39:52 GMT

Hi
Thank you for reading my post
I have two tables which are related to eachother using a column (master
details)
my problem is that master table primary key is auto increment
so when i insert a recoed to it i can not determine the primary key value
so i do not know the key ,
Now my problem is that how i can find the primary key of master record
to use it when i inert
details records ?
I should say that it is a very high hit application , before i post this
message i though that i can execute a query and select latest inserted
record
but latest inserted record could be from another user not the current user.
Thanks