db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Derby Trigger Problem
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:11:12 GMT
Stanley Bradbury wrote:

> Peter Bowman wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This is the exact trigger I am trying to create:
>>
>> CREATE TRIGGER TEST AFTER INSERT ON PLAN_NAME_TABLE REFERENCING NEW AS
>> NEWROW FOR EACH ROW MODE DB2SQL INSERT INTO PLAN_NUTRIENT_TABLE (PLAN,
>> NUTRIENT, NUTRIENT_TYPE, UNITS) VALUES (NEWROW.PLAN, 'Total Fat',
>> 'Fat', 'g'),(NEWROW.PLAN, 'Total Protein', 'Protein', 'g');
>>
>> The database contains no Clobs/Blobs (if that's the correct term for
>> them, I'm new to this) nor it is very large, just 9 tables with only a
>> bit of data in them since I am just starting to test my application.
>>
>> Another thing I have noticed. If I start a fresh connection and then
>> try to create this trigger the first time I get a
>> StringIndexOutOfBoundsException -8, only the next time do I get the
>> RawStore module problem.
>>
>> Peter.
>>

> Hi Peter -
> Will need some additional information to be of assistance.  You mention
> a RawStore problem, these are often caused by JVM, Disk or I/O problems
> (and, of course, the occasional bug) but without the specific error and
> stack trace there is no way to know.

The RawStore issue is just a side effect of the original exception, the
StringIndexOutOfBoundsException. The RawStore exception is caused by
incorrect cleanup in the code, the original error is the one of interest.

As Stan says, the stack trace for the StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
would be very useful.

Dan.