db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Trigger Problem
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:59:12 GMT
Peter Bowman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is the exact trigger I am trying to create:
>
> CREATE TRIGGER TEST AFTER INSERT ON PLAN_NAME_TABLE REFERENCING NEW AS
> NEWROW FOR EACH ROW MODE DB2SQL INSERT INTO PLAN_NUTRIENT_TABLE (PLAN,
> NUTRIENT, NUTRIENT_TYPE, UNITS) VALUES (NEWROW.PLAN, 'Total Fat',
> 'Fat', 'g'),(NEWROW.PLAN, 'Total Protein', 'Protein', 'g');
>
> The database contains no Clobs/Blobs (if that's the correct term for
> them, I'm new to this) nor it is very large, just 9 tables with only a
> bit of data in them since I am just starting to test my application.
>
> Another thing I have noticed. If I start a fresh connection and then
> try to create this trigger the first time I get a
> StringIndexOutOfBoundsException -8, only the next time do I get the
> RawStore module problem.
>
> Peter.

Hi Peter -
Will need some additional information to be of assistance.  You mention
a RawStore problem, these are often caused by JVM, Disk or I/O problems
(and, of course, the occasional bug) but without the specific error and
stack trace there is no way to know.
Please post the exceptions with the the stack trace recorded in the
derby.log file.  In addition knowing the schema of both tables
involved.would expedite things.  Lastly, the output from SYSINFO is
important to understanding the versions of all the components involved.