db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: PATH (newbie) problems...
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:58:54 GMT
dan wrote:
> Hi Øystein:
> Last line in startNetworkServer.ksh (attached) is
> $JAVA_HOME/bin/java org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start -h
> where /java is a file...
> ...and where is
> org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl? /dan

I do not understand exactly what you are asking for, but:

$JAVA_HOME needs to point to where you have installed java.  I pointed
out that it seems from your path and the error you got, that this has
not been done.

org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl is in derbynet.jar.  This
needs to be in your classpath. setNetworkServerCP.ksh will set up this
for you if you set DERBY_INSTALL to the directory where you have
installed Derby.

Øystein Grøvlen, Senior Staff Engineer
Trondheim, Norway

View raw message