db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Morton <djmorto...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why projects fail... wuz... Re: unable to execute procedure
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:09:14 GMT
[SNIP]

I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am... But
I thought a PreparedStatement just precompiled the
statement on the database when the statement is
prepared.  How is that any more overhead than just
using a normal Statement?  When you use a normal
statement and you execute the statement, it still has
to be compiled on the database.  So, either way, the
statement is being compiled, it's just a matter of
when.

djm