From: Rajesh Kartha [mailto:kartha02@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 March 2006 07:40
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: No current connection

Hi Rhys,

>My app starts up a database, drops a few views and then recreates them. When another one of my Java classes moves on to do a >small SELECT (that should yield a single result). The exception "No current connection" is raised with the query obviously failing.

Hard to tell what must be wrong. A repro (SQL or java program) would be really useful, is that possible ?

>I have checked the Derby.log but I am warned that the file is binary, when it opens in my editor, and a load of "junk" is displayed.

The derby.log typically should contain readable logs and stack traces, unless some of the Derby properties such as 'derby.language.logStatementText ' (to log all statements executed) or 'derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel' (to log errors into the derby.log file) are used.

Using these properties will log the entire SQL statements, say -  INSERT of binary data into BLOBs,  into the derby.log - thus ending up with unreadable binary data.  Are you working with binary data (BLOB etc.)  and using any Derby  properties?

-Rajesh