db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Elio Bonazzi" <ebona...@earthlink.net>
Subject Result Set from stored procedure
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:34:26 GMT
I would like to call a stored procedure and to be able to navigate through
the result set returned by the stored procedure. I saw the getResultSet()
method in the CallableStatement Derby implementation.... But how do I code
the java stored procedure so that the result set from the select statement
is made accessible to the CallableStatement? In Oracle I would open a
RefCursor and return it, in MySql I do an orphan select, but how do I code
a java stored procedure that returns a result set? I could not find any
example on the net. Please help!
If Derby supports such a feature, I would definitely use it for a major
project for the financial industry.

Thanks in advance