db-derby-user mailing list archives

From yeradis <yera...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Chap 3 and 4 submitted for review
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:34:24 GMT
hi stanley , GREAT JOB

there is a problem (i think is a problem maibe not) but
in ALL documents i had read said the same way to configure the derby engine
on windows
and  say

On Windows platforms:
set DERBY_HOME=C:\derby
md DERBYDBS
cd DERBYDBS
copy %DERBY_HOME%\demo\scripts\toursDB.sql .

the command SET for me on windows dont work on any way
maibe my windows is guilty, i have windows 2003 enterprise edition
and dont handle the console command very well , i dont know , but i tried to
setup parameters on windows using the way that is described in all documents
and no one work for me
i want to think is my windows that has a problem

i can use derby because i go directly to the derby database and use all
frome there

for example if i want to go to use IJ i point my console path to C:\DB-
Derby-10.1.2.1-bin\frameworks\embedded\bin

i mean

c:\>cd DB-Derby-10.1.2.1-bin\frameworks\embedded\bin

and use it

if i want to use the derby to test some options i say to me JBuilder , that
the derby driver is a library required by my project

i'm was working on the solution to try to fix this problem of the setup for
me and to comunicate how i fixed , but i cant in this momento there is a
problem with a system i built and the problem is with core of the operating
system :-(

very well stanley i think is very good your job

and Jeff Levitt
you have the rigth on some of your topic , but stanley is writing listening
the opinion from people like us you and me jeff, and others course

maibe how now , tomorrow stanley found a new way to write that is accesible
to all us and change the format of  the book he is writing

jeff --> i think the answer is that it is a document for users who are more
advanced, and so I think we could skip some of the more basic
descriptions of what the code is doing.  We should focus more on the
Derby-specific steps

i think you have true but not in all
yes is true that can have more adanced skills

but i think the work that stanley is doing MUST BE FOR EVERY BODY i dont
think what stanley think  sorry to speak by me
but i think mus be for beginners users to advanced users , increasing the
percent of skills
i need to have points for beginners and for for medium user and for advanced
users

and if you are an advanced user just skip the part you think is to obvious
to you and go to the point that is from your interest

stanley i think you must give your opinion of what is the orientation of
your work wtih your write

from beginner , medium , advanced ???

jeff is true that stanley need found the BEST format for what he is writing

but if he want and i thinks yes , he will listen our all opinions and the
decide waht to do

stanley here you have my hand and mind if you want and opinion

thanks again stanley for your job

and sorry for my english people