db-derby-user mailing list archives

From yeradis <yera...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Chap 1 and 2 (v 1.1) submitted for review
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:27:15 GMT
well its very important the opinions i had read  here to increment the
cuality of the work of stanley
i think he is doing a great job that i personilly thanks (i'm new to derby)

my personal opinion stanley:

but its true that is a bit far from be an introductory material
its true that is the begining and will have some changes that will be
but i personally think that your work stanley will be more accepted ,
by newberby people LIKE ME ;-) if your work  base on a tutorial case
i mean that you enumerate each line you write of the examples and then
explain the meaning of each line one by one
i know  is more work but there are more than 1000 people that are windows
user (me one of then) that want to migrate to derby world and  don't find
the console/terminal  a great place to work (like me :-s , windows is
killing us :-p ) is a bit hard accomodate to a terminal when you only knows
buttons ;-)
inside a java code no problem , we all are programmers ;-) but outside
having a terminal workspace to do all , to some windows user (me me me :-D
)  is so frustrated

ah and referent to uppercase or lower case thats really is a candy
you only need to specificate your style at the begining of the book
i mean somthing like this :
sql sentences will be bold and blue to the rest of book
berby command will be gray and itally

i say this because the font style and color have an effect on the mind
that is probed on pedagogical field
and i think you can abord this tools too to have a better efect ;-)

i  hope this opinion serve to something ;-) differente destination of a
trash :-p

thanks stanley for your work

View raw message