db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Rhys Campbell" <rhys.campb...@da-systems.co.uk>
Subject RE: easy way to create a DB with multiple tables exists ?
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:24:39 GMT
Just an idea...

You could build your database graphically in SQL server, script out the
database and then translate the SQL into something that Derby could
understand. I have done this in other situations but not with Derby. Not
ideal but it may remove most of the effort.

I have used tools that convert MS SQL database SQL into Oracle SQL.
Maybe there is a tool like this for Derby?

Personally I'd make the effort to learn SQL better so you can write all
the SQL yourself. I find this easier than having to adjust to various
graphical tools.

From: yeradis [mailto:yeradis@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 March 2006 12:15
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: easy way to create a DB with multiple tables exists ?

first all sorry by my english

i'm a developer who want to start using de derby core to develop my apps
but i'm a windows user/developer
that have the mania of use sql server , ms access and that tools

and i'm having trouble to adaptate me to use the rustic way to build and
maintin the derby database

there is an easy way to build an maintan a derby database???
i mean a graphical IDE like ms access

i founded iSQL that is more easy than ij but it is rustic
the workbench of ibm don't work with embedded databse

and realy i want to use derby core

and again sorry by my english

View raw message