db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Kartha" <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howmany concurrent users are supported by network server
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:19:13 GMT
Using Derby 10.1.2.1 - (330608)   one of the my test ran with 140 clients.
These clients did a mix of I/U/D and Selects on a single table and atleast
50% ( 70) of these  are concurrent at any given instant.

Of course, I did not time the operations as I was more interested in any
memory leaks over a long run.

FYI:

Finally the database ended up with:

Table with 29 million rows
ij> select count(*) from nstest.nstesttab;
1
-----------
29004516

1 row selected

39GB space used by the database

The disk usage shows:

swift SERVER/rc2> du -h nstestdb/
5.1M    nstestdb/log
0       nstestdb/tmp
39G     nstestdb/seg0
39G     nstestdb/

(Again, this does not indicate the actual db size)

840K connections were made to the Server over the entire run:

swift SERVER/rc2> tail -f derby.log
Connection number: 840555.
Connection number: 840556.
Connection number: 840557.