db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Kartha" <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Halting an ij script
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:14:01 GMT
I am not aware of any property that halts 'ij' execution during an
exception. Looking at the code  - I think adding some new property like -
Dij.exitOnError=true and implementing that should be simple:

(if you have the Derby source code, refer the method
org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain.handleSQLException() )

Please feel free to file an enchancement in JIRA, if you think such a
property will be a useful for ij.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY

Also, if you plan to contribute to Derby , there is information available to
get you started at

http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html#Contribute+Code+or+Documentation

-Rajesh