db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Kartha" <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Chap 1 and 2 (v 1.1) submitted for review
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 02:27:46 GMT
I think this doc is going to be really useful as a starting point for Derby
and I look forward to it.

Some initial thoughts (may be you have already considered them):

1) Page -6 (of pdf)
------------------------------
(a)
Windows syntax:
C:\> set DERBY_HOME=C:\derby
C:\> md DERBYDBS
C:\> chdir DERBYDBS
C:\> copy something.sql .
(I presume, the sql file is being copied from some dir under DERBY_HOME. In
that case, the actual path to the source sql file is missing)

Same for the Linux steps
(b)
Can we name the file  'sample.sql'  instead of 'something.sql'.
Also I am thinking will it be useful if  this 'sample.sql' file can have
statements of each type - Update, Delete, Primary Key, Foreign Key,
Create/Select from Views etc. etc.with brief description using '--' comments
? It can help in familiarizing with commonly used SQL features in Derby. The
same script can used in Activity 2 with the Derby client driver.

More comments as I proceed with my reading.

Regards,
Rajesh