db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Kartha" <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No current connection
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 07:40:19 GMT
Hi Rhys,

>My app starts up a database, drops a few views and then recreates them.
When another one of my Java classes moves on to do a >small SELECT (that
should yield a single result). The exception "No current connection" is
raised with the query obviously failing.

Hard to tell what must be wrong. A repro (SQL or java program) would be
really useful, is that possible ?

>I have checked the Derby.log but I am warned that the file is binary, when
it opens in my editor, and a load of "junk" is displayed.

The derby.log typically should contain readable logs and stack traces,
unless some of the Derby properties such as 'derby.language.logStatementText'
(to log all statements executed) or 'derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel'
(to log errors into the derby.log file) are used.

Using these properties will log the entire SQL statements, say -  INSERT of
binary data into BLOBs,  into the derby.log - thus ending up with unreadable
binary data.  Are you working with binary data (BLOB etc.)  and using any
Derby  properties?

-Rajesh