db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Java DB now available
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:11:44 GMT
The main added value is support.  At this point we don't do anything but
ship a stable release of Derby (this current download is a distribution
of 10.1.1).

Part of the charter of Java DB is to not "fork" from Apache Derby.  At
some point Sun may add value on top of Derby (like Cloudscape does with
its installer and other things) but we wouldn't ship our own "special"
version of the bits that come out of Apache.

David