db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [web] Derby site reorganization (resend)
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 01:04:41 GMT
I just hate it when you hit the wrong key and something gets sent before
it's ready. Here's a resend.

I reorganized the Derby web site and put a review copy here:

   http://people.apache.org/~jta/DerbyTest/

The main modifications include:

1) Added a "Quick Start" tab with tips for getting started.

2) Added a "Download" tab to make downloads easier to find.

3) Renamed Manuals tab to "Documentation".
I also moved the links from the left-hand navigation to the body of the
page, so they can be opened in a new browser window. This will make it
easier to jump between manuals; you won't have to hit the back key
repeatedly to get back to the main manuals page.

4) Renamed "Integration" tab to "Resources"
"Integration" has always struck me as very specific and not everyone
might understand what it means.

Do you have any suggestions?

I plan on committing these changes on Thursday and will incorporate any
feedback I receive before then.

regards,

 -jean