db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR 40XD1:container was opened in read-only mode
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:02:17 GMT
princy wrote:

> i have been using derby it worked well until now
> does not accept insert,create queries.but select query works well.
> the error which occurs is
> ERROR 40XD1:Container was opened in read-only mode

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>

Along the line of what Øystein posted - this is usually a configuration
problem of some sort.  Check file and directory ownership and
permissions.  Be sure you can create files as well as read and write (if
the db.lck file cannot be created this will happen).  If there are still
problems see if the database can be opened using IJ - if it opens this
indicates the problem is with the permissions assigned to the
application process.

I assume that the database is not contained in a jarfile or stored on
read-only media.  This would restrict access to read-only.

HTH