db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Chap 3 and 4 submitted for review
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:28:16 GMT
Susan Cline wrote:

>--- Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I've submitted Chapters 1 and 2 of the Work With Derby [WWD] document
>>for feedback.
>>The latest revision of Working With Derby has been posted to Jira.  It
>>can be downloaded using:
>>
>>http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12324531/WWDpdfNjava0323.zip
>>
>>This contains the newly completed chapters 3 and 4.  Please focus first
>>on the initial review of these chapters.  The PDF file and related JAVA
>>code are contained in the file:  WWDpdfNjava0323.zip
>>

>[ snip ]
>
>I unzipped the file and looked at the PDF, but I do not see a chapter 4.  I see an Intro,
>Activity 1, Activity 2 and Activity 3.  Do chapters 3 and 4 correspond to Activity 2 and
Activity
>3?
>
>I like the Activity 3 example.  One suggestion would be is to check the command line parameter
>to make sure it is not over 32 characters.  I "made a wish" for something that was over
>32 characters and got a stack trace that was not too user friendly.
>
>It might be nice for new derby users (and if they happened to be new to Java too) to
>get a usage message instead of a stack trace if they made this same error.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Susan

Hi Susan -
Sorry, I thought DITA would label chapters *OOPS* - what I submitted is
the next two sections (sections 3 and 4) that correspond to Activities 2
and 3.  Sorry for the confusion - still getting use to PDFs and DITA.
And thanks for the suggested integrity check (32 chars or less) - I will
add it.