db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: advice for client/server application
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:23:09 GMT
A common way client applications working with large result sets have
handled the "too much memory" problem that I've seen is to send the
results over in chunks.  Instead of sending all 120,000 records in one
response, just send 100 or 1,000.  The client processes those 1,000
records, throws them away, and get the next 1,000.

Would that work for you?

David