db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running 2 Derby instances on 1 JVM, do system properties cut it??
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:52:20 GMT
Hi, Hiram.  You have hit on an issue that prevents multiple databases
from being run within the same VM.  This is something we want to fix in
Derby, but it's a fairly big effort.

As it stands the only way to configure the Derby database home is with
system properties.  So all uses of Derby within a given VM must access
the same database home and use the same system-wide configuration.

David