db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Compiere on Derby (WAS: Bug in division operator with numeric operands?)
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:32:03 GMT
Matthias Ohlemeyer wrote:
> One other remark: There was news that Compiere would do a Derby port on
> their own and that there is an agreement with some Derby developers to
> help them. This came after I was half way through. So far I have not
> seen any activity on this subject on any of the Derby lists. Is there
> some ongoing work I am not aware of?

> Quote: ""We're working together with the Derby development team and
> we'll provide a complete open source solution based on Derby and
> Cloudscape in six to nine months," said Jorg Janke, the company's
> founder and president, speaking at the Solutions Linux conference in
> Paris"
>
> See: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2006/013106-compiere.html

I don't recall anything about Compiere and don't spot anything in the
Derby mail archives -- it's possible it slipped through the cracks of my
email in-box. Does this ring a bell with anyone else? --It's always
possible the ERP app was mentioned in a post without mentioning Compiere
itself.

At any rate, Derby welcomes any integration effort, so I guess the best
suggestion is to point anyone with questions or issues to
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_mail.html .

Matthias, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

regards,

 -jean