db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: Accessing embedded Derby in forked Maven2 build
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:05:45 GMT
Andrew/Jean,

I have resolved this by forking the build process to place the sql
operations against the DB in a separate JVM process. This way, the build
will sequentially startup individual JVMs for all derby access and
thereby avoid the locks.

To make life easier for Ant and other similarly challenged environments,
it might be nice to have a statement, (e.g. stored procedure), of some
sort that can shutdown the databases and engines. Of course, I
understand that may not even be possible... :-(.

Anyway, off and running with a clunky patch of Ant code for now...
thanks for the help!

Randy