db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Loading Unicode in ij SQL
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 04:28:22 GMT
Michael Hackett wrote:

> Another question here: What happened to the "unicodeescape" command and
> "ij.unicodeEscape" property for ij? They are mentioned in the 10.0
> manuals, but gone from the 10.1 versions, and apparently not in the
> code.
>
> Is there some other way to specify non-ASCII characters in SQL scripts for ij? I just
want to insert a string with a Greek 'mu' (aka micro) symbol, but I can't see how to do it
from a SQL script. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I don't believe ij is limited to ascii characters, it uses java streams
and readers.

If you can create a file that contains the script you want with the
greek characters and load that into ij using the correct encoding then
everything should work fine.

ij uses the default platform encoding or the encoding specified by
derby.ui.codeset

See http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tools/rtoolsijpropref97949.html

HTH,
Dan.