db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Chap 1 and 2 (v 1.1) submitted for review
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:16:35 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> I think this doc is going to be really useful as a starting point for
> Derby and I look forward to it.
>
> Some initial thoughts (may be you have already considered them):
>
> 1) Page -6 (of pdf)
> ------------------------------
> (a)
> Windows syntax:
> C:\> set DERBY_HOME=C:\derby
> C:\> md DERBYDBS
> C:\> chdir DERBYDBS
> C:\> copy something.sql .
> (I presume, the sql file is being copied from some dir under
> DERBY_HOME. In that case, the actual path to the source sql file is
> missing)
>
> Same for the Linux steps
> (b)
> Can we name the file  'sample.sql'  instead of 'something.sql'.
> Also I am thinking will it be useful if  this 'sample.sql' file can
> have statements of each type - Update, Delete, Primary Key, Foreign
> Key, Create/Select from Views etc. etc.with brief description using
> '--' comments ? It can help in familiarizing with commonly used SQL
> features in Derby. The same script can used in Activity 2 with the
> Derby client driver.
>
> More comments as I proceed with my reading.
>
> Regards,
> Rajesh

Hi Rajesh -
Thank you for  your comments.   I failed to annotate that SOMETHING.SQL
is a placeholder until I can determine the name of the SQL script to
use  (am hoping to use on out of the DEMO directory when / if one is
contributed rather than create on myself - I will review the demo script
to insure it shows off the various objects and features, per your
suggestion *thanks*) --> This is my bad for not including a REVIEWER
NOTE that stated these references would be updated before the final review.