db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Issue creating db
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:51:32 GMT
> I get this error:
>
>     org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to create database
>     '/home/commrcha/chan/db', see the next exception for details.

Often, when you get an error that says 'see the next exception for details',
you need to call "getNextException()" or "getCause()" or something like
that, because multiple exceptions have been 'wrapped' together.

I see that JasperException extends ServletException, so I believe that
in this case it is "getRootCause()" that you need to call.

So something like:

   catch (ServletException se)
   {
	se.printStackTrace();
	if (se.getRootCause() != null)
		se.getRootCause().printStackTrace();
   }

should give you considerably more information.

thanks,

bryan